Previously, I had been making the prototypes using the ILS voice recognition sensor, and the Arduino, hence coding in c++. To further improve the user experience, I decided to make a switch to the respeaker voice recognition module (fig 3.2). This module allows multiple voices to be recognized and converts voice-to-text in real-time, a more suitable module especially if this intermediary device is to be exhibited. This would allow different voices without having to go through the process of recording his/her voice before using it. However, this module only works with the Raspberry Pi, which needs to be coded in Python. Although, this has a much stronger processing power as compared to the Arduino Uno.
Bubble Gun Autopsy
As part of improving the user experience of the product, I think form plays a part, hence I decided to take apart a bubble gun. These green boxes highlight the DC motor part which serves as an engine to collect liquid and blow air. here, a peristaltic pump and an impeller is powered by a DC motor. The DC motor is also connected to 3 AA batteries which provides a source of power.
Here, the DC motor part is also connected to a capacitor and an LED strip which turns on when the bubble gun trigger is pressed.
since I won’t be needing these parts, I cut those parts and soldered a new wire
With these additions, I hope that the product could embody a better user experience, adopting transparency in terms of its functions and informing the dangers of data collection processes. After taking this apart, I carried on to building the fully functioning prototype through coding using: Python.
Final circuit flow:
Next, I will use the concept of Form fits function to design a housing for these components.